.dropdown { font-family: arial; font-size: 120%; color: #000000; width:130px; margin: 5px 0 0px 0px; background-color: #ffffff; } List NINE
Open links in secondary window

Saturday, November 18, 2006

An update and a bionic hornet

I've been sick and work has been pretty busy this week, so I apologize for the low volume. It will pick back up in the next week as I recover and work (thankfully) tapers off for the holiday. I'll try to write a new piece tomorrow.

In other news, I'm heading to Europe (France, Spain, Italy) for five weeks over December and January, so if anyone out there has suggestions on events and places of anarchist interest, please send them to me. Or, if you're an anarchist in that area and want to meet up with a few travelling but not smelly American anarchists, hit me up. I can talk in Spanish and French with varying degrees of success. And I can probably understand you if you don't talk all crazy fast. Anyhow, all help will be much appreciated and I want to get as good a look at European anarchy as I can in that time.

In the meantime, here's another article I found interesting today. Imagine if the cops in the US had these...
Israel developing anti-militant "bionic hornet"

Israel is using nanotechnology to try to create a robot no bigger than a hornet that would be able to chase, photograph and kill its targets, an Israeli newspaper reported on Friday.

The flying robot, nicknamed the "bionic hornet," would be able to navigate its way down narrow alleyways to target otherwise unreachable enemies such as rocket launchers, the daily Yedioth Ahronoth said.

It is one of several weapons being developed by scientists to combat militants, it said. Others include super gloves that would give the user the strength of a "bionic man" and miniature sensors to detect suicide bombers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger